The Resourceful Woman Thrift Store is OPEN!
Customer hours are 11 AM-4 PM Tuesday through Saturday. Donation hours are 10 AM-4:30 PM Tuesday through Saturday. If you would like to schedule a private shopping time after normal operating hours, please call 703-771-8173 to make an appointment. For the safety of staff and other customers, please refer to the CDC if you have recently been exposed to COVID-19 or are having any symptoms of sickness.
The Resourceful Woman is a program of LAWS offering gently-used and new clothing, books and household items at affordable prices. Proceeds raised are used to help fund many LAWS programs.
The goals of operating The Resourceful Woman Thrift Store are to:
- Provide goods for LAWS clients who are victims of domestic violence and sexual assault and in need of clothing and household items
- Raise money for the LAWS Shelter program
- Offer reasonably-priced items to the community
The Resourceful Woman Thrift Store
What can be donated?
We accept the following new and gently used items:
- Clothing (women’s, children’s, youth, and men’s—all sizes are needed!)
- Accessories (jewelry, belts, hats, scarves, purses)
- Books and DVDs—No VHS Tapes, textbooks or encyclopedias
- Small household items (glassware, plates, flatware, cooking items, decorative items, seasonal items, etc.).
- Stuffed animals under 10” in length, board games and puzzles
- Bags (paper and plastic)
We do not accept.
- Used electrical appliances
- Used pillows, bedding, blankets, or other items with filling or batting inside
- Used car seats, strollers, playpens or baby bouncers (no items with padding)
- Used stuffed animals over 10” tall
- Used bike helmets
- Toys that have been recalled or that are violent in nature (swords, guns, etc.)
How to Make a Donation
All donations to The Resourceful Woman are accepted at the back door entrance of the thrift store location, Tuesday-Saturday, from 10:00 AM-4:30 PM. A donation receipt is available at the time of donation. For questions about whether or not donated items are accepted, please call during store hours at 703-771-8173. Please do not leave items outside of the building, and only make donations during our designated donation hours.
Directions to the back door entrance:
When coming from the east towards Leesburg, turn left onto King Street from Loudoun Street. Take the first right onto Royal Street. Go about one block, then turn right into The Resourceful Woman parking lot (rear of shop). There is a large dumpster at the entrance of the parking lot.
If coming from the west towards Leesburg, turn right onto King Street from Loudoun Street, then the first right onto Royal Street. Go about one block, then turn right into The Resourceful Woman parking lot (rear of shop). There is a large dumpster at the entrance of the parking lot.
The Resourceful Woman Promotions and Events
The Resourceful Woman often offers special promotions and events, including weekly sales, and often, later hours during Leesburg’s First Friday events. To keep up with the latest information, follow us on Facebook at The Resourceful Woman Thrift Store, on Instagram trwthriftstore and on Twitter @trwthriftstore