Loudoun Child Advocacy Center
The Loudoun Child Advocacy Center (CAC), a program of LAWS, is a public/private partnership among Loudoun County agencies and organizations dedicated to child victims of abuse and/or neglect. It is the mission of the Loudoun CAC to support the continued development and implementation of a child-centered approach when investigating cases of child abuse and neglect. The goals of the Loudoun CAC, which are similar to the national CAC model, include:
- To provide a child-friendly, safe and neutral location in which law enforcement and child protective services may conduct child interviews.
- To minimize the number of interviews the child is involved in by bringing all disciplines together and sharing information more efficiently.
- To enhance communication and collaboration among all agencies involved.
- To provide the child and non-offending family members referrals to other supportive services.
- To enhance the current system to enable an increase in the number of successful prosecutions of child physical and sexual abuse cases.
To learn more about the Loudoun Child Advocacy Center, visit www.loudouncac.org. If you are seeking counseling or other services for a child victim of domestic violence or sexual abuse, please contact LAWS Youth & Children’s Services.
If you know of or suspect possible child abuse, please report your concerns to Loudoun County Child Protective Services at 703-771-5437.
LAWS 24-Hour Crisis Hotline
LAWS operates a 24-hour domestic violence and sexual assault crisis hotline staffed by trained advocates and volunteers. Victims of domestic violence and sexual assault concerned persons in the community, advocates, professionals, law enforcement, courts, or any other person who needs information about domestic or sexual violence services and community resources can call.
Advocates and trained volunteers are available to respond to all inquiries for information, safety planning, referrals, shelter and/or appropriate outside services. Calls can be made anonymously—you are free to only give information you feel comfortable sharing. If the caller needs interpretation services, language line interpretation services are available in any language.