LAWS offers outreach services to provide information and education about domestic and sexual violence to the Loudoun community. Our team of expert professionals provide trainings, tabling, and public awareness events.
Who can request outreach services?
We offer trainings and presentations for anyone in the community! This includes:
- Civic groups,
- Places of employment,
- Faith congregations,
- First responders,
- Medical and mental health providers,
- and Much more!
What topics do we cover?
Our outreach services cover a wide variety of topics that can fit the learning needs of your group or organization, including:
- Dynamics of domestic and sexual violence
- Features of trauma and responses to trauma
- Medical and mental health outcomes for survivors of domestic violence
- Intervention for people who have or may commit domestic or sexual violence
- Identifying warning signs of abuse (for prevention services, visit our prevention page)
- Local resources for survivors and victims of domestic and sexual violence
- How to offer support to someone experiencing domestic or sexual violence