Dear Prospective Volunteer,
Thank you for expressing an interest in volunteering with LAWS. We appreciate your valuable time & commitment to helping people in our community. Volunteering with LAWS’ programs is an education & rewarding experience. We have a variety of programs that allow for many different ways for volunteers to contribute their time & talent.
- Child Care: during evenings & weekends at the safe house
- Maintenance: minor household repairs, yard work, painting, etc
- Transportation: driving safe house residents to/from appointments
- Hotline: daytime, evening & weekend hours available. Hotline is answered from the safe house. Additional training is required.
Sexual Assault Services
- Teen Violence Prevention Program: public speaking, community events, teen forums, musical events, designing & marketing
- Volunteer Coordinator: help implement our volunteer program, including recruitment, appreciation & help with training
Youth & Children’s Services
- Support Group child care on Tuesday evenings
- Nurturing Program: Childcare & children’s class facilitators, 7-9 week commitment
- Nurturing Program material preparation [as needed]
- Supervised Visitations [must have Human Services experience]
- Administrative: data entry
- Reception services: greet guests & clients, answer phones
- Data entry
- Newsletter design/composition
- Maintenance of office facility
- Court Advocates: accompany clients to court intake, explain process & accompany attorney to court. Additional training is required.
Resourceful Woman Thrift Shop
- Sort & price donations
- Design merchandise displays
- Welcome & assist customers
Please e-mail our volunteer coordinator if you have additional questions.
View our Volunteer Training Overview here.
Download our volunteer application!